We’re recruiting for an account director to join our successful and rapidly-growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional to step into a challenging role at soon-to-be one of the UK’s largest digital PR-focused SEO agencies.
As one of our more senior members of staff, you’ll be paramount to ensuring the strategy development for our key clients is world-class. You’ll lead your senior and delivery team to implement incredibly creative and clever campaigns to drive growth and client performance.
Are you passionate, super creative and love the fast pace of the industry? If you want to work somewhere a little different that’s making waves, we could be a perfect match!
Salary: 40k-49k + company benefits package
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne/Remote
Reporting to: Head of Content and Digital PR
You’ll have experience of overseeing the performance of multiple service delivery teams to achieve clients’ objectives, and strong line management and team building experience.
You must be outcome focused, and well-versed in performance management. You’ll use these skills to ensure our clients are getting the best value from their budget, and achieving their objectives through the right strategies.
We’re looking for strong, presentation, communication, and line management experience. Oh, and you must be great to work with.
LEADERSHIP: You will lead your teams to deliver measurable performance and integrate with wider strategies. You will be visible throughout the agency as a strong leader, and you’ll also actively support the development of your team.
PEOPLE: You’ll manage a team of people, supporting them to achieve their best work, and strive for greatness. You’ll be responsible for onboarding new members of your team and supporting them through their journey here. You’ll assess performance in 1:1s and appraisals, pass down your expertise, and use our preferred leadership model in your management style.
STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT: Build a deep understanding of your clients’ needs and priorities, and support the senior teams to create tailored strategies that will ensure they achieve their goals.
SERVICE DEVELOPMENT: Our industry is constantly evolving, therefore we need to be at the forefront, with everything from processes, campaign styles, ways of working to creativity. Your role will involve making sure we are keeping to best practices and staying ahead of the curve.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT: Continually monitor campaign and overall service performance of all clients, and identify areas of improvement.
CLIENT COMMUNICATION: Take responsibility for maintaining a close senior-level relationship with clients and communicate well with key stakeholders to ensure that strategies are tailored to their needs.
WHAT YOU’LL OFFER US
LEADERSHIP SKILLS: You’ll be able to provide support and advice to a team of seniors, consultants and executives, monitoring performance and understanding their individual strengths and talents, then leading by example to get the best from them.
MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT SKILLS: You’ll have a proven track record of managing and developing teams, creating team culture, and managing the performance of individuals.
ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS: You’ll be confident in managing your team’s capacity and workload, and overseeing complex and multi-service projects.
INITIATIVE AND ENTHUSIASM: We need somebody who can help shape and progress our offering, not just follow instructions. You’ll have a knack for identifying new opportunities and areas of improvement, and have the confidence to try new things.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU:
- A CHALLENGING, FLEXIBLE AND INTERESTING ROLE: We believe in giving our team members autonomy to do their best work, and there’s genuine opportunity for the right person to shape their role and build their profile within the company.
- HIGH QUALITY TRAINING AND COACHING FROM TALENTED PEOPLE: We take professional development very seriously indeed. We’ll give you all the support you need to excel, as well as the chance to work with and learn from some of the best in the business.
- A LONG LIST OF GREAT BRANDS TO WORK WITH: Our clients range from local heavyweights through to household names in a wide range of sectors and industries.
- A FUN TEAM CULTURE, LEGENDARY SOCIAL EVENTS AND GREAT BENEFITS: Our team satisfaction surveys list our people and culture as the best things about working at NORTH, and our social calendar is one of the best out there. You’ll also enjoy an attractive range of benefits and company perks as part of the deal.
- AMBITIOUS GROWTH PLANS AND GREAT PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES: Most of NORTH’s senior team started out at exec and consultant level. so if you’re ambitious and committed there are some fantastic progression opportunities available.
NORTH is part of N21, a 100-person digital agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Our service works with a varied portfolio of clients including HelloFresh, Godiva Chocolates, and ATG Tickets, and we’ve got ambitious growth plans for the future that’ll see us become even bigger and better.
Most importantly, we’re proud to have an amazing team of enthusiastic, talented and friendly digital marketers, who are the reason for our success. Our people come from all walks of life. It makes us who we are: marketing experts armed with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
We take great care of our people and our culture – we enjoy a range of benefits, from an enhanced pension and generous holiday allowance, to free breakfast and snacks, flexible working and a personal budget to learn something new.
We recognise hard work. We’re here to support each other and shout out our biggest wins and ‘thank yous’.
Nobody wants to feel stagnant. That’s why we have monthly 121s and individual progression trackers. Our trackers ensure we can look back at what we’ve achieved and push towards the next step – whether that’s a promotion, a pay rise or an entirely new role.
We do our very best to foster a culture of friendship, fun and laughter amidst an interesting and hard-working environment, and we know mental health is as important as physical health. We strive to create a healthy, enjoyable environment for every member of the team.
We receive a lot of applications for every role we advertise. Here are a few pointers to help make yours stand out:
- Be very clear about why you’re a great fit for this role, and for us: Your CV tells us a little, but we’re much more interested in your covering letter, so make it count!
- We need you to spell out exactly what you can bring to the role: Give specific examples of relevant experience wherever you can – what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn?
- We’re not business formal: Corporate speak isn’t required, so don’t be afraid to be yourself.
We’re open to applications from all backgrounds and types of experience. Our team is made up of people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and what’s really important is that you’re able to clearly explain how the skills and knowledge you’ve got will help you succeed at NORTH.