We are looking for an experienced and creative digital PR professional to contribute heavily to the production and delivery of key client campaigns, and also be involved in developing and building upon our creative ways of working and processes.
The successful candidate will lead client campaigns, creating and implementing outstanding digital strategies that will engage consumer audiences and make editors and journalists want to share your campaigns with their readers to generate interest, coverage and links.
You will be responsible for building great relationships with major digital influencers, including editors, journalists and high-profile personalities to maximise brand coverage and performance for our clients.
Job Title: Digital PR Consultant
Salary: 22k-32k per annum dependent on experience, plus benefits package
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne/Remote
Reporting to: Senior Digital PR Manager
We’re looking for an experienced digital PR consultant with a good understanding of SEO. You’ll have experience of developing show-stopping PR strategies and campaigns, as well as a deep understanding of the “nuts and bolts” of SEO and why we do what we do.
You must be outcome-focused, and methodical with a good grasp of link building, PR and content outreach. You’ll use a range of content types and platforms to their maximum potential and use this to manage cross-channel campaigns and pinpoint key opportunities for clients wherever possible.
Previous agency experience would be valuable, but we’re also happy to consider those with in-house experience. In addition to digital PR experience, we’re looking for strong account management, presentation and client communication skills.
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Seed out creative campaigns to journalists and editors, making exciting pitches that stand out from the crowd.
STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT: Build a deep understanding of your clients’ needs and priorities, and create tailored digital PR and link building strategies that will ensure they achieve their goals. Collaborating with your colleagues across the agency to integrate your campaigns with the wider client strategies.
CREATIVE THINKING: Have ownership of creative campaigns, contributing creative ideas to all clients with the freedom to execute and ideate as you wish.
REPORTING & ANALYSIS: Continually monitor campaigns and overall service performance and identify areas of improvement, then take action to address them, escalating issues or building business cases where appropriate.
CLIENT COMMUNICATION: Take responsibility for maintaining a close relationship with clients, and communicate well with key stakeholders to ensure that our strategies are tailored to their needs.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Design and manage the implementation of campaign plans, ensuring campaigns perform and client objectives are delivered on time and on budget.
WHAT YOU’LL OFFER US
AN ANALYTICAL MIND-SET: You’ll be good at investigating, solving problems and telling stories with data, whether that’s diving into report data to find a solution to a problem, or building projections to back up your recommendations.
ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS: You’ll be confident managing a challenging workload, overseeing complex and multi-service projects, working to deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple campaigns, clients and other tasks.
INITIATIVE AND ENTHUSIASM: We need somebody who can help shape and progress our offering, not just follow instructions. You’ll have a knack for identifying new opportunities and areas for improvement, and put forward a persuasive case for your recommendations where necessary.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU:
- A CHALLENGING, FLEXIBLE AND INTERESTING ROLE: We believe in giving our team members autonomy to do their best work, and there’s genuine opportunity for the right person to shape their role and build their profile within the company.
- HIGH QUALITY TRAINING AND COACHING FROM TALENTED PEOPLE: We take professional development very seriously indeed. We’ll give you all the support you need to excel, as well as the chance to work with and learn from some of the best in the business.
- A LONG LIST OF GREAT BRANDS TO WORK WITH: Our clients range from local heavyweights through to household names in a wide range of sectors and industries.
- A FUN TEAM CULTURE, LEGENDARY SOCIAL EVENTS AND GREAT BENEFITS: Our team satisfaction surveys list our people and culture as the best things about working at NORTH, and our social calendar is one of the best out there. You’ll also enjoy an attractive range of benefits and company perks as part of the deal.
- AMBITIOUS GROWTH PLANS AND GREAT PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES: Most of NORTH’s senior team started out on the factory floor, and if you’re ambitious and committed there are some fantastic progression opportunities available.
Silverbean/NORTH is a 50-person digital agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Over the past 17 years we’ve built a fantastic reputation for achieving great results for our clients via SEO, PPC, Affiliate Marketing, Content, Social Media, Analytics and Strategy, either individually or in combination.
We work with a varied portfolio of clients including HelloFresh,, Money.co.yk, Godiva, and ATG Tickets, and we’ve got ambitious growth plans for the future that’ll see us become even bigger and better.
Most importantly, we’re proud to be part of an amazing team of enthusiastic, talented and friendly digital marketers, who are the reason for our success. We take great care of our people and our culture – our team members enjoy a range of benefits, from the basics like a pension and generous holiday allowance, through to free breakfast and snacks, flexible working and free gym memberships.
We really want to see your best side. Please don’t make us read between the lines!
We receive a lot of applications for every role we advertise. Here are a few pointers to help make yours stand out:
- Be very clear about why you’re a great fit for this role, and for us: Your CV tells us a little, but we’re much more interested in your covering letter, so make it count!
- We need you to spell out exactly what you can bring to the role: Give specific examples of relevant experience wherever you can – what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn?
- We’re not business formal: Corporate speak isn’t required, so don’t be afraid to be yourself.
We’re open to applications from all backgrounds and types of experience. Our team is made up of people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and what’s really important is that you’re able to clearly explain how the skills and knowledge you’ve got will help you succeed at NORTH.
To apply, please send us a CV and covering letter explaining what makes you an ideal candidate. If you’ve got any questions, please feel free to give us a call on 0191 406 1200 or drop us an email on email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.