Job Title: Digital PR Executive
Salary: 18k-26k + company benefits package
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
NORTH is part of N21, a 100 person and rapidly growing digital agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Our service works with a varied portfolio of clients including HelloFresh, Godiva Chocolates, and ATG Tickets, and we’ve got ambitious growth plans for the future that’ll see us become even bigger and better.
Most importantly, we’re proud to have an amazing team of enthusiastic, talented and friendly digital marketers, who are the reason for our success. Our people come from all walks of life. It makes us who we are: marketing experts armed with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
We take great care of our people and our culture – we enjoy a range of great benefits, with the basics covered and more. We offer unlimited annual leave, enhanced pension, flexible and hybrid working. A choice of a healthcare cash plan or private medical insurance, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, bring your dog to work, a personal budget to learn a new skill, additional support for your health and wellbeing, time off to make a mark and support a charity of your choice and of course legendary social nights.
- Fairness – We recognise hard work, we’re here to support each other and shout out our biggest wins and thank yous.
- Progress – Nobody wants to feel stagnant that’s why we have monthly 121s and individual progression trackers. Our trackers ensure we can look back at what we’ve achieved and push towards the next step – whether that’s a promotion, a pay rise or an entirely new role.
- Enjoyment – We do our very best to foster a culture of friendship, fun and laughter amongst an interesting and hard working environment and we know mental health is as important as physical health. We strive to create a healthy and enjoyable environment for every member of the team.
We’re looking for an experienced Digital PR Executive to work with our iconic brands.
You’ll have the ability to;
- Build relationships with journalists, publishers, bloggers, influencers and editors
- Tailor communication skills to different audiences
- Create link building strategies with training
- Work well individually and as part of a wider team
You will be;
- Motivated: You’ll not be the type of person to give up after one go, you won’t be disheartened when you get a ‘no’ from a journalist. You’ll be able to pick yourself up and dust yourself down and move on to the next.
- Initiative and Enthusiastic: We need somebody who can shape and progress our offering not just follow instructions. You’ll have a knack for identifying new opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Organised: You’ll be confident in managing a challenging workload, overseeing complex and multi-service projects, working to deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple campaigns, clients and other tasks.
The Application Process
The application process consists of an initial 45 minute Google meets interview to find out more about how your skills fit against the role competencies and your experiences. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask us any questions to ensure we’re the right fit for you.
If successful we’ll ask you to complete one of our personality profiling tools to find out more about your work preferences. You’ll be given a role specific presentation to prepare for your second interview and asked more technical questions relating to the role.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – To be unignorable our team has to be representative of all of our customers. To do this we have created an environment that supports and includes everyone.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We receive a lot of applications for every role we advertise. Here are a few pointers to help make yours stand out:
- Be very clear about why you’re a great fit for this role, and for us: Your CV tells us a little, but we’re much more interested in your covering letter, so make it count!
- We need you to spell out exactly what you can bring to the role: Give specific examples of relevant experience wherever you can – what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn?
- We’re not business formal: Corporate speak isn’t required, so don’t be afraid to be yourself.
We’re open to applications from all backgrounds and types of experience. Our team is made up of people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and what’s really important is that you’re able to clearly explain how the skills and knowledge you’ve got will help you succeed at NORTH.