We’re recruiting for a senior digital PR manager to join our successful and rapidly-growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional to step into a challenging role at soon-to-be one of the UK’s largest digital PR-focused SEO agencies.
As one of our more senior members of staff, you’ll be paramount to ensuring the PR strategy development for our key clients is world class. You’ll lead your delivery team to implement incredibly creative and clever campaigns to drive growth and client performance.
Are you passionate, super creative and love the fast pace of the industry? If you want to work somewhere a little different that’s making waves, we could be a perfect match!
Salary: 30k-38k + company benefits package
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne/Remote
Reporting to: Head of Content and Digital PR
You’ll have experience of designing and developing successful digital PR and link building strategies to achieve clients’ objectives, as well as an understanding of the “nuts and bolts” of SEO implementation, and why we do what we do.
You must be outcome-focused, methodical, and be able to use a range of content types and platforms to their maximum potential. You’ll use these skills to manage cross-channel campaigns and pinpoint key opportunities for clients wherever possible.
We’re looking for strong account management, presentation, client communication skills and line management experience. Oh, and you must be incredibly creative.
LEADERSHIP: You will lead your team to deliver measurable performance and integrate with wider strategies. You will be visible throughout the agency as a thought leader on digital PR, and you’ll also actively support the development of your team.
PEOPLE: You’ll manage a team of digital PR people, supporting them to achieve their best work, and strive for greatness. You’ll be responsible for onboarding new members of your team and supporting them through their journey here. You’ll assess performance in 1:1s and appraisals, pass down your expertise, and use our preferred leadership model in your management style.
STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT: Build a deep understanding of your clients’ needs and priorities, and create tailored digital PR and link building strategies that will ensure they achieve their goals.
SERVICE DEVELOPMENT: Our industry is constantly evolving, therefore we need to be at the forefront, with everything from processes, campaign styles and ways of working to creativity. Your role will involve making sure we are keeping to best practices and staying ahead of the curve.
CREATIVE THINKING: Have full accountability for creative campaigns, contributing creative ideas to all clients with the freedom to execute and ideate as you wish.
REPORTING & ANALYSIS: Continually monitor campaign and overall service performance of all clients, and identify areas of improvement.
CLIENT COMMUNICATION: Take responsibility for maintaining a close relationship with clients and communicate well with key stakeholders to ensure that strategies are tailored to their needs.
Design and manage the implementation of campaign plans, ensuring campaigns perform and client objectives are delivered on time and on budget.
WHAT YOU’LL OFFER US
AN ANALYTICAL MIND-SET: You’ll be good at investigating, solving problems and telling stories with data, whether that’s diving into a report to find a solution to a problem building stories from data sets.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS: You’ll provide support and advice to a team of digital PR consultants and executives, monitoring performance and understanding their individual strengths and talents, then leading by example to get the best from them.
ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS: You’ll be confident managing your workload, overseeing complex and multi-service projects, working to deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple campaigns, clients and other tasks.
INITIATIVE AND ENTHUSIASM: We need somebody who can help shape and progress our offering, not just follow instructions. You’ll have a knack for identifying new opportunities and areas of improvement, and have the confidence to try new things.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU:
- A CHALLENGING, FLEXIBLE AND INTERESTING ROLE: We believe in giving our team members autonomy to do their best work, and there’s genuine opportunity for the right person to shape their role and build their profile within the company.
- HIGH QUALITY TRAINING AND COACHING FROM TALENTED PEOPLE: We take professional development very seriously indeed. We’ll give you all the support you need to excel, as well as the chance to work with and learn from some of the best in the business.
- A LONG LIST OF GREAT BRANDS TO WORK WITH: Our clients range from local heavyweights through to household names in a wide range of sectors and industries.
- A FUN TEAM CULTURE, LEGENDARY SOCIAL EVENTS AND GREAT BENEFITS: Our team satisfaction surveys list our people and culture as the best things about working at NORTH, and our social calendar is one of the best out there. You’ll also enjoy an attractive range of benefits and company perks as part of the deal.
- AMBITIOUS GROWTH PLANS AND GREAT PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES: Most of NORTH’s senior team started out on the factory floor, and if you’re ambitious and committed there are some fantastic progression opportunities available.
NORTH is part of N21, a 70-person digital agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Our service works with a varied portfolio of clients including HelloFresh, money.co.uk, Godiva Chocolates, and ATG Tickets, and we’ve got ambitious growth plans for the future that’ll see us become even bigger and better.
Most importantly, we’re proud to have an amazing team of enthusiastic, talented and friendly digital marketers, who are the reason for our success. Our people come from all walks of life. It makes us who we are: marketing experts armed with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
We take great care of our people and our culture – we enjoy a range of benefits, from the basics like a pension and generous holiday allowance, through to free breakfast and snacks, flexible working and free gym memberships.
We recognise hard work. We’re here to support each other and shout out our biggest wins and ‘thank yous’.
Nobody wants to feel stagnant. That’s why we have monthly 121s and individual progression trackers. Our trackers ensure we can look back at what we’ve achieved and push towards the next step – whether that’s a promotion, a pay rise or an entirely new role.
We do our very best to foster a culture of friendship, fun and laughter amidst an interesting and hard-working environment, and we know mental health is as important as physical health. We strive to create a healthy, enjoyable environment for every member of the team.
We receive a lot of applications for every role we advertise. Here are a few pointers to help make yours stand out:
- Be very clear about why you’re a great fit for this role, and for us: Your CV tells us a little, but we’re much more interested in your covering letter, so make it count!
- We need you to spell out exactly what you can bring to the role: Give specific examples of relevant experience wherever you can – what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn?
- We’re not business formal: Corporate speak isn’t required, so don’t be afraid to be yourself.
We’re open to applications from all backgrounds and types of experience. Our team is made up of people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and what’s really important is that you’re able to clearly explain how the skills and knowledge you’ve got will help you succeed at NORTH.
To apply, please send us a CV and covering letter explaining what makes you an ideal candidate through this link. If you’ve got any questions, please feel free to give us a call on 0191 406 1200 or drop us an email on email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.