We’re recruiting for a talented SEO executive to join our successful and rapidly-growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to step into a challenging role at soon-to-be one of the UK’s largest digital PR-focused SEO agencies.
You’ll be responsible for managing SEO campaigns for a portfolio of fantastic clients.
Are you passionate, curious, process-driven and love the fast pace of the industry? If you want to work somewhere a little different that’s making waves, we could be a perfect match!
Salary: 18k-26k + company benefits package
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne/Remote
Reporting to: SEO Manager
Deadline: 25th February 2022
NORTH is part of N21, 100 person and rapidly growing digital agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Our service works with a varied portfolio of clients including HelloFresh, Love Hemp, Godiva Chocolates, and ATG Tickets, and we’ve got ambitious growth plans for the future that’ll see us become even bigger and better.
Most importantly, we’re proud to have an amazing team of enthusiastic, talented and friendly digital marketers, who are the reason for our success. Our people come from all walks of life. It makes us who we are: marketing experts armed with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
We take great care of our people and our culture – we enjoy a range of great benefits, with the basics covered and more. We offer unlimited annual leave, enhanced pension, flexible and hybrid working. A choice of a healthcare cash plan or private medical insurance, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, bring your dog to work, a personal budget to learn a new skill, additional support with your health and wellbeing, time off to make a mark and support a charity of your choice and of course legendary social nights.
- Fairness – We recognise hard work, we’re here to support each other and shout out our biggest wins and thank yous.
- Progress – Nobody wants to feel stagnant that’s why we have monthly 121s and individual progression trackers. Our trackers ensure we can look back at what we’ve achieved and push towards the next step – whether that’s a promotion, a pay rise or an entirely new role.
- Enjoyment – We do our very best to foster a culture of friendship, fun and laughter amongst an interesting and hard working environment and we know mental health is as important as physical health. We strive to create a healthy and enjoyable environment for every member of the team.
About the role
This is a role in which we consider those both with and without any prior SEO experience (salary in this role will be dependent on your SEO experience). What is a must is having enthusiasm and the right mind set, any previous exposure to digital marketing and SEO is a bonus!
This is an ideal opportunity for you to learn the ropes of working in a fast-paced industry and digital agency. For those with prior SEO experience, this is a great opportunity to be trained by our expert team to further refine your skills in this industry.
The role will:
- Be involved in technical SEO performing in depth technical audits, strategies and migrations as well as identifying complex or nonstandard issues
- Build a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and priorities, and support the creation of tailored SEO strategies that will ensure they achieve their goals.
- Continually monitor campaign and overall service performance of all clients, and identify areas of improvement. You’ll then take action to address them, escalating issues or build business cases where appropriate.
- Maintain a close relationship with clients, and communicate well with key stakeholders to ensure that SEO strategies are tailored to their needs. You’ll be explaining strategies, answering queries and keeping them up to date with the progress of their campaign.
You will have:
- An analytical mind-set: You’ll be good at investigating, solving problems and telling stories with data, whether that’s diving into report data, or building projections.
- Technical Savvy: You’ll have some knowledge of technical SEO, as well as basic web technologies like HTML and CSS, and you’ll be comfortable explaining technical concepts to those with less experience.
- Organisational Skills: You’ll be confident in managing a challenging workload, overseeing complex and multi-service projects, working to deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple campaigns, clients and other tasks.
- Initiative and Enthusiasm: We need somebody who can help shape and progress our offering, not just follow instructions
The Application Process
The application process consists of an initial 45 minute Googlemeets interview to find out more about how your skills fit against the role competencies and your experiences. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask us any questions to ensure we’re the right fit for you.
If successful we’ll ask you to complete one of our personality profiling tools to find out more about your work preferences. You’ll be given a role specific presentation to prepare for your second interview and asked more technical questions relating to the role.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – To be unignorable our team has to be representative of all of our customers. To do this we have created an environment that supports and includes everyone.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.